Wednesday, November 10, 2010

Separation Anxiety

I was suffering from separation anxiety today. I felt so distracted at work, and I just couldn't wait to get home. I fidgeted, bit my lips, and kept checking the time. I just didn't know what to do with myself.

I forgot my iPhone.

I know...you were probably thinking I was having difficulty separating from my children. While I have had my share of those days, that wasn't it today. When I don't have a coffee in one hand and a baby in the other, the vacancy is usually occupied by my iPhone. I felt so lost without it. I guess I'm a bit of a tech junkie.

My iPhone is my constant companion on my on-the-go life. It is my instant portal to family and friends. I realize I would do very poorly in solitary confinement.

Thankfully, we are re-united, and it feels so good! There were no hard feelings between us, not even the awkward, "Why did you leave me?" moment. Whew! Glad that's over.

No comments:

Post a Comment