Monday, October 18, 2010

Confessions of a MotherWoman

I am sitting on a comfy chair at one of my favorite places, Barnes and Nobles, trying not to feel guilty about not tucking the kids into bed. Ok, that's not entirely true. I'm trying not to feel guilty about the fact that I don't feel guilty at all about not tucking the kids into bed, hence the confession. My evening class finished early, and I could have gone home early and helped my husband with the whole process of getting the children to bed...but I didn't.
I know this may sound shocking, but there are nights where I would rather not read my daughter her tenth bedtime story or sing "Twinkle Twinkle Little Star" for the hundredth time to my son. No, every now and then, there are times when I just want to curl into a ball on a comfy chair and just be. Just sit quietly and just be. So let's just keep this between you and me, OK? It will be our little secret.

No comments:

Post a Comment